Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fieldtrip to L.A.

Oh Lost Angeles. Just the sight of you makes me want to turn my car back around and head back to Sand Diego. But then I remember Little Tokyo and the fashion district. And such.

Anyways, I went on a field trip led by my sculpture teacher (Yoshi) and brought Sylv with me, and I must say, I had a wonderful time. We definitely got the full experience of the day...complete with lunch in Little Tokyo, a look at MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) and the sick artwork that's housed there (including a room with chocolate paper walls! mmmm), and a protest in front of the museum. I also picked up a collectible Gundam figure from Jungle in Little Tokyo. Which was pretty awesome. I finally have a good Gundam figure to stick on my shelf! Yay.

But besides that we had awesome food at this one Japanese restaurant I usually go to when I'm in Little Tokyo, and Sylvia seemed like she liked it too...and besides besides that, Yoshi took us all to Grand Central Market, this cool market full of fresh produce like fruits and meat and such, and tiny restaurants with different food. I'd never been there, but it was pretty damn exciting. Particularly the food part.

Oh and Sylvia and I parked my car waaaay the heck up the street from Little Tokyo and the market, so we pretty much walked like 4 blocks to get down there. And on the way we got a nice tour of that area of L.A. and talked to some homeless people. We tried to look for Sprinkles afterward, but to no avail. We were too far from Beverly Hills. Oh well,

maybe next time.

-PrettyPidjun

No comments:

Post a Comment