Monday, March 29, 2010

Dallas Days

So I'm definitely in Dallas visiting Kyle, and so far it's been a pretty good trip. We've just hung out with his friends and each other and all that good stuff. It's nice to have some alone time with him, since we don't see each other too much, and he was super busy during most of his Spring Break. I find it ironic that I've left class to be on my spring break, yet I went to class with him this morning haha. He told me it was his most exciting class, and that I would probably like it(!), ahaha...oh gosh...I'm still on San Diego time(Dallas is two hours ahead), so I woke up and got ready around 6:30 0_o. 
He met me outside the dorm I'm staying in with his friend (its a nooiicccee dorm too! brand new), and we walked to his class and it ended up being this physics class (I think physics right? had something to do with astronomy?? i do not know, no se.). Alls I know is that the moment his teacher started lecturing and splattering equations all over the board, I stopped paying attention. I now officially know my boyfriend is officially (officially, officially, officially) a science nerd.

I feel like Penny.

So currently, I'm in his school's(University of Dallas) student center-ish type building. I was watching the gay filler episodes that Sony wrote for Rurouni Kenshin while Watsuki was writing the rest of the manga. I know theyre stupid, but I've made it a point to watch the series in its entirety. Oh, and I bought the manga "big book" for it finallyyy!! I was soo excited. Maybe a little too excited..I get that way about manga. I start on one, and it's all I can think about. But ya.

Now, I'm sitting in this student center-ish thing blogging and waiting for my lovely nerd to get out of his class. Recap of events so far? We went to see Josh Turner at a famous Honky Tonk called Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth(for all you hicks out there). It was my second time, and the concert was alright, but Josh Turner's voice is AMAZING. Dayum. That's all I can say. We also went to this place people around here like to go to called Cafe Brazil(it's in the city itself, and it's their little piece of city life...man if they liked that place, they would LOVE San Fran! They ain't seen nothin' yet). And it was really a cool, hip little restaurant/cafe thing with awesome breakfast food and drinks and coffee and such. Kyle, the super dork, was on a roll with his hw and wanted to stay as long as possible, but everyone else was ready to go home, so we did after spending like 2 or 3 hours there(maybe it was less? I feel like I still have terrible conception of time).

But despite how I've been enjoying myelf, hanging out with Kyle and taking time off from school and home, I feel so out of place here. This is Kyle's life, one I am unfamiliar with, and it bothers me that I'm not a part of it. All I see is what things are when he's in San Diego. And my days of wandering are taking their toll. Trying to get used to loneliness is backfiring, but this isn't the first time I've noticed. It's becoming more difficult for me to interact with a group of people, and more difficult for me to interact with people in general. I'm not sure how to correct this. It's a path of loneliness in which I am free to do as I please, or a path of attaching myself to people once again, the heartache of holding on when you may not longer be wanted.

But on a lighter note, Kyle is getting out of class soon! And we're gonna eat lunch together! And oh yes, btw, yesterday before church, we went to get bean and cheese burritos(at a mexican place with no Jamaica!! Psh, figures.), and on the way back to school, I spotted geese at a park nearby, and he swung into the parking lot so we could get out and eat in front of the pond. It was soo much fun! I love seeing birds with Kyle, I suppose because it's something I am very fond of doing with him!

-PrettyPidjun

No comments:

Post a Comment